What is Injection and What are their Advantages and Disadvantages?
Injections are one form of dosage form of medicines. There are many drugs that can be only administered in the form of injections. It is administered through syringe and needle. Injections can be administered through various routes like:
- Intravenous route
- Intramuscular route
- Intradermal route
- Intraperitoneal route
- Subcutaneous route
- Intraarticular route
Injections are more preferable due to following advantages:
- Drugs which we administered through either of routes like intravenous, intramuscular, intradermal, subcutaneous etc. are goes directly in blood streams so it does not require and complex process that we have with tablet, capsules etc results in immediate action and relief.
- Injections are preferable dosage form in case of unconscious patients as they are unable to swallow tablet or capsules.
- There is no first pass metabolism takes place in the case of injectables.
- There is no need for masking of bitter taste, bad odour etc.
With all these advantages injections have some disadvantages also like:
- Injections are more painful as compared to oral dosage form.
- Specially children group don’t want to go with this dosage forms.
- It causes phobia in some patients.
- It has several side effects like redness, rashes, inflammations, pain, which makes them unpreferable.
Injections can be manufactured in either of forms like lyophilized injections, powder for injections or liquid injections. Affy group is also involved in parenteral manufacturing with great team of experties. They are dry injection manufacturer in India as well as they also manufacture liquid injection and lyophilized injections.